Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thankful Thursday ~ Surprise

I have to tell you I am still able to celebrate my birthday.  This makes me so happy. :)  I received a lovely yellow packet from Cheryl, a dear blogger friend,   this week.  It was certainly worth waiting for.
It had a sweet hand written card with a beaded necklace and an inspirational garden journal in it. I wish you could see all the details.  The necklace has some cloisonne beads and all are the colors I wear. How did you know Cheryl?  The little journal has felt grass and  little lambs on some of the pages. Just too sweet.  It is that unexpected gift that really means so much. Thank you again Cheryl.
This is how I feel when I open my blog and find that all my friends have left comments. Each is a treasure. Thank you all for stopping by.

15 comments:

Teri said...

Beautiful and perfect! What a wonderful friend to make a birthday perfect.

steviewren said...

I love the colors of the necklace. Blues and greens are my favorite colors to wear also.

Cheryl said...

Hi Lisa.....I would like to say I knew it was your colour intuitively BUT no it was just a good guess!!

Happy belated birthday.......

Julie said...

What a pretty necklace!!! Love it!
Hey...it is awesome when your birthday keeps going and going and going, isn't it??? Yeah, baby!!!

SandyCarlson said...

My goodness; what a beautiful photo of a beautiful gift. Thanks for sharing this, Lisa. YOU are the gift who keeps on giving.

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

What a lovely gift and thoughtful friend. Enjoy. You deserve it. :))

Katiejane said...

Don't you just love surprises! This one is especially lovely. That necklace is wonderful, and the other gifts are treasures too.
Happy Birthday to you, and thanks for sharing your bounty with us.

soulbrush said...

oh wow i didn't know, happy happy belated birthday to you dear one. yours must be close to marianne's -that I forgot as well.

marianne said...

Oh I missed your birthday. Happy belated birthday than!

These unexpected surprises and visits make your day even more special!
We must have our birthday close after each other..... when is yours?


Enjoy your weekend and your special gifts!
Birthday hug from me!

Unknown said...

How did I miss your birthday? Did you tell us? Did I forget or have I forgotten I remembered ??? Oh this is sad. I am sorry! But look what an excellent late suprise you have. I love the idea of green felt grass and sheep...

Mim said...

well - happy birthday - and what a lovely surprise to get in the mail

Q said...

Happy belated birthday,
Cheryl is a dear friend.
Lovely necklace and journal. You do seem to be a green and blue lady. Must be the plants and sky influence!
It is hot and humid at my house!
Sherry

Quiet Paths said...

I am out of the loop for a couple weeks and you go have a birthday! Happy belated B-day, Lisa. I hope you did something special.

Lynn Cohen said...

Happy birthday Lisa...such a aweet gift...enjoy your onging celebrations...make it last and last....

yoon see said...

Wow! This gifts are darling and made special for you.
You are a lucky girl, blessed to have lots of good friends!