Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Animal Wedensday - House Wren

How hot is it? It is so hot that the poor little house wren hangs her head out the window for a breath of fresh air. This is before the sun get around to this side of the house.  I feel so sorry for her. When she comes out of the house for a stretch of the wings and a bit of relief the ever vigilant male house wren starts singing and following her around nagging her to go back to the nest. He usually quickly rewards her with a nice juicy moth. I don't know if these eggs will be viable after all of this hard work. I can't imagine that it is good for them to be so heated. They are such small eggs it wouldn't take much to cook them. All I know for sure is that this little Momma and Daddy are working hard to bring them to life. I hope you are keeping cool this Animal Wednesday.

11 comments:

soulbrush said...

oh poor wren and poor you pal. it has cooled down a lot here altho still humid. keep cool xxx

studio lolo said...

if next summer is this hot I think I'll lose my ever loving mind!

Poor little mama wren :(

I hope her reward is healthy babies.

Great shot!

Teri said...

Aw, those poor birds work so hard for their families. Please let us know if the family does appear.

Teri said...

Aw, those poor birds work so hard for their families. Please let us know if the family does appear.

HAW

Mim said...

this is one heck of a hot summer

Cheryl said...

Hi Lisa.....such a worrying time.....these abnormally high temperatures do no good to man nor beast......

Unknown said...

Oh no poor birdy. I hope the eggs are not hard boiled....

Katiejane said...

I do feel sorry for this little wren, but then I always wonder how the birds make it through our winters, too. Somehow they are all equipped for any kind of weather, it seems.
I just try to stay indoors as much as possible.
I know what, get her an air conditioner for her house!

Laure Ferlita said...

So sweet, those little wrens!

Hopefully, they'll be hatched soon and she can get out of that hot house!

Julie said...

Awe!!!!!

Quiet Paths said...

Oh, I know. My inlaws had a wren too and she got too warm. I wanted to install a little fan for her.