Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Surprises

I always find surprises growing in the garden. The squirrels and blue jays take peanuts and plant them in the mulch around the garden. I found one of the plants blooming today. You can sure tell they are in the pea family. Wouldn't it be wonderful to see a whole field of peanuts blooming?? I guess you would have to go to Georgia to see this. Although I leave them in the ground they have never produced peanuts. I think they need a longer growing season than we have to offer here.  Probably better soil too. Do you have any suprise blooms in your garden lately?
Happy Blooming Tuesday everyone.

9 comments:

PAK ART said...

No garden, so no surprises! I keep wanting to plant stuff at the cabin but Sweetie just weed whacks it all to death so purposed plants would not make it. I didn't realize you kept an Art Journal also...nice!

Katiejane said...

I just this morning pulled a CORN STALK growing underneath my pine tree! How'd that get there??? We do have a lot of crows around here and I'm guessing they had a hand in that.

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

This is great. We have Squirrels burying Walnuts and peanuts too and I pull up lots of walnut trees out of pots and the ground. I actually left two trees growing out front. The blue jays bury the peanuts too. We dont have enough time for the peanut plants to get flowers like yours did tho. So you are ahead of us on that.. Nice drawing.

SandyCarlson said...

Great results, thanks to your little garden helpers! I love the artwork.

marianne said...

No real surprises in my garden. Have been so busy inside my garden is neglected a bit.........
Lovely orange pea flower you painted.
Have a nice day ;)

Teri said...

How fun is that! I've never seen a peanut flower so it's double fun for me.

HBT

Margaret Ann said...

What a pretty little bloom...how fun you have those natural little gardeners! :)

yoon see said...

You always have fun Lisa with your sketchbook ready and telling story:)
but my garden is just with trees, rarely get blooms nowadays.

Julie said...

How cool is this! I love seeing new, surprise plants sprouting up! Nice painting too!