Sunday, October 30, 2011

White M Hairstreak

Sometimes when I read the blogs of people I know I get to see things I have never seen before. This happened last week when I was perusing Sherry's blog Q's Corner. She is a marvelous photographer besides all the other things she likes to do.  Over the years I have been inspired to paint various photos that she has taken.

This past week I saw a photo of a butterfly that she had taken. I couldn't resist painting it. When I finished the painting I wanted to write what it was and realized that I had never seen it before.  It was a White M Hairstreak. I will be on the lookout for it around here in the future.
I want to thank Sherry for letting me use one of her photos. If you would like some inspiration go see some of her fabulous photos here.
EDIT:
I was looking at all of that empty space on this sketch. It bothered me. I hadn't written on the sketch what type of butterfly it was so I added the lettering you see in the following photo. Can one ever leave them alone?? I guess not I.
I hope you all had a good weekend too.

12 comments:

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

You did an awesome job on this. I love your soft colors. How fun to inspire and be inspired by others. We get to learn about so many things we would never know about by blogging. Thanks for sharing with us.

Teri said...

Lisa, this just awesome! Such a beautiful painting. Never know where inspiration will come.

Teri said...

Oh, and I like the writing,on it

Q said...

Dear Lisa,
You did White M. Hairstreak justice!
My she lovely in your painting....
So happy she inspired you.
You inspire me!
Sherry

Cheryl said...

I remember this photo Lisa. You have made an absolutely splendid job of it. I particularly like the folds in the petals of the marigold....beautifully done.
Love the addition of the writing.
I am sure Sherry will be so honoured.......

Lynn Cohen said...

I am having a very full and busy weekend being creative.
I like both the before the stamped words and after equally well. Very beautiful butterfly and flower!

Julie said...

This is gorgeous, Lisa! I really like the addition of the letters too...adds a great balance to it. You know I love that orange flower!!! Hope your weekend was great. I worked, but it was quiet and then I will have Tuesday off...after trick or treating with the kids, I will need it!!! :)

ArtistUnplugged said...

Really beautiful, like it before and after the writing added.

PAK ART said...

This is really pretty - I love that you added the writing, it really adds to the picture. I've seen so much that I'd love to paint but I never seem to get around to it.

marianne said...

Oh such lovely painting!
Just visited your friend and she takes beautiful pictures indeed!
You are just getting better al the time dear!
Happy Halloween♥

Katiejane said...

Oh Lisa! This is really nice. And I like the revised edition so much better.

verobirdie said...

Lovely. Amazing how adding letters enhance the whole. I like the little house too.