Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year's Happenings

While this may seem redundant, and it is, I just wanted to start posting my daily drawing, sketching, scribbling as you might have guessed goes on around here. Normally I just put up the ones I think aren't as bad as some of the other sketches. This year I am thinking that I will put up the good, the bad and the ugly. I hope I don't put  your eyes out. This way I will be more inclined to keep up the pace as it may be.

This drawing is of the night sky as we walked out into the New Year. The clouds had parted a bit and the big half moon and a couple of planets were showing. Speaking of the night sky, tonight there is supposed to be a meteor shower. If you are up late enough maybe you should look out to see what is happening.
That is about as close to a resolution as I am going to get. Have you set some goals or decided upon a resolution or two for the new year??

7 comments:

Teri said...

Oh yay! I am so happy to hear this news. What's bad in your eyes usually isn't. We love it all.
Great resolution!

Lynn Cohen said...

I too am posting IT ALL! How else can we see our growth?
No resolutions other than to do as much art a humanly possible. ;-)
Hugs for sharing!

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

This is fun. I will look forward to it all. But you know its never as bad as we think.. as Teri C said. My resolution is no resolutions. Except to be happy and enjoy every day. Oh and REALLY SEE whats around me. I guess by drawing it you can see it better.. hmmm :))But today I went to the duck pond to take some pix of an egret close by.. so that helps me 'see' too.

Julie said...

I, for one, will love seeing your daily stuff!!! This is a beautiful clouds and night sky, for sure!
I really do not like to think of any resolutions, because I always break them, but I do plan on finding a new job, and to eat more fresh foods...more organic and home grown!

Cheryl said...

Hi Lisa,

Great idea. What is bad or ugly in one persons view, may not be in anothers.

I did not make any resolutions....I havn't for the last two years :)

Love the mood of the sky in this one......

marianne said...

This is a good one to start with!
And yes post all! because I am sure I am going to like the bad and ugly as well.
I haven't made any resolutions just the same as I have the year around.
I am just hoping to stay healthy so I can work hard this year to realize our plans. We have to set up and paint a new shed and we will built a studio for me :)

Have a creative year Lisa♥

Robin said...

Happy New Year Lisa! (A bit belatedily..) I am looking forward to seeing ALL your work in 2012....although I doubt any of it will be *ugly*! You are too good an artist and see the world with a clear and loving vision!

May 2012 bring you health and joy - and inspiration!

Hugs from San Francisco,

♥ Robin ♥