Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Blooming Tuesday - Button Weed

I hate to say it but I am almost happy I am able to pull weeds. The weather here has taken a turn for the better. We have had a little bit of rain and the garden appears to be cautiously arousing itself. The only bits that aren't cautious are the weeds. They take any moist encouragement and leap at the chance to procreate and spread far and wide.

I had been pulling a lot of this Button Weed from the fence line. I didn't know what it was until this morning when I was reading a blog I like that is written by Keith Board. The name of his blog is Get Your Botany On. He gives such great descriptions and photos of wildflowers. I am always finding information I need.

I hope your garden is liven by the cooler temperatures and splashes of rain that seem to be spreading around the area. Happy Blooming Tuesday to all.

11 comments:

Teri said...

Oh yes, I have some of these (previously unknown) weeds also. And my grass is green only thanks to the weeds. lol

Love your sketch Lisa!

Julie said...

What a pretty little weed!!!!!

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

What a great sketch and thanks for the blog to go check out weeds. :) Oh Wild flowers.. I call weeds. :) Our weather is now HOT. Been in the 90ies and heading to 100 and 102 Thursday and Friday. NO rain either. And we are on Critter watch again. Poor things. Whats fun is we have the Ducks here in our yard till Saturday. Glad you are getting weeds now. :))

Robin said...

This weed is one I could live with....so delicate and beautiful!
A wonderful sketch!

HOT weather....sigh...what a dream! Here....for weeks, it's been 53, foggy, windy and GREY....

Send heat quickly!

Hugs,

♥ *Frozen* Robin ♥

SandyCarlson said...

Thanks for introducing me by way of that other blogger to this flower.

Katiejane said...

Yes Lisa, my garden is slowly opening one eye again, also. We certainly need a lot more rain but a few things survived this summer. Like the weeds, for sure! I can't understand how weeds can survive a drought and still be so vigorusly growing between the pavement and the curb in the street in front of my house!! I went out this week with the string trimmer and some Roundup and cleaned out a small trash can full of the blasted things. I hope my flowers are as sturdy.

studio lolo said...

Nice sketch Lisa!

I have many of these weeds in my patio area. The thing is, I keep them! There's a circle in the middle of the patio where these weeds are plentiful. I weed outside of the circle and leave these inside. Believe it or not, it looks good!

The humidity here has been awful this month. And I just read the East is in for a brutal winter :(

Quiet Paths said...

It's kind of a pretty little thing. Thanks for the link to his blog. I always enjoy your drawings.

Q said...

No rain yet for my gardens...
thank goodness for cooler temps. We have had way too many 100 + days this summer.
I have so little left in the gardens that I think the weeds look pretty....
Sherry, who is still dancing with butterflies

PAK ART said...

One of my aunts calls weeds "volunteers". That always cracks me up. We have been rainy and cool and everything is green. I could go for a week of sunshine! It's a great sketch - I never used to be interested in plants so much until I started blogging and seeing what everyone else was doing - I now have a new found interest in plant life.

Gail said...

Love the name and your artist's rendition!