Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Animal Wednesday - Painted Lady

A watercolor of a Painted Lady. My Dearly Beloved took this picture of the butterfly out in our garden. Sherry asked me if I do butterflies. I do but not usually on this scale. This is a half sheet of watercolor paper so it is big. I had to do big to get all the detail in it. Butterflies are full of wonderful detail. I become obcessed with detail. It is a curse sometimes. I have ruined many paintings and drawings with detail. Sigh~~

6 comments:

Quiet Paths said...

I am in awe that this is watercolor. It is absolutely wonderful. I don't know about anyone else but I love the detail!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Thanks Christine. I didn't mean I don't like detail. I just meant that I get hung up on trying to put too much detail into a painting. Sometimes I just need to let go. Let it flow. It just usually doesn't happen for me.

Teri C said...

OH.MY.GOSH.!!! Absolutely beautiful and gorgeous!!! Lisa, you have been hiding that talent way too long. I'm so glad you are painting more. It is a stunner!!!
(I love detail also so I know what you mean-I forget the surroundings I so get into the detail)

Saucy said...

Oh, but this is beautiful detail! Beautiful indeed!

Q said...

Dear Lisa,
This is absolutely beautiful!
I love the size and using watercolors.
I think you are a fantastic painter.
Wow!
Sherry

Shady Gardener said...

Lisa, This is a beautiful rendition of the Painted Lady. I don't think you could do a butterfly like this without "obsessing over the details!"
(My words.) I tend to love details, too. ;-) Thanks for sharing!!