Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Animal Wednesday-Eight-Spotted Forester

My dear Animal Wedensday friends. You might be delighted to know that this is about the last of my bug sketches, that is unless I dig back into some old sketchbooks. I guess this means I will have to get my lazy self busy drawing some more animals. One of my favorite subjects yet I don't seem to draw them often.

This Eight-spotted Forester Moth was on our patio doors this past summer. I thougth it was so colorful. It would never open its wings for me to see but it sat there for quite some time folded like this. HAW to all.

5 comments:

Julie said...

I love that you do bugs for Animal Wednesday! It is so interesting and there are so many different bugs availavilable to paint! Keep going!!!!!

Teri C said...

That is sure an interesting 'bug'. You will just have to find some winter bugs to sketch now :)

HAW

marianne said...

Wonderful moth drawing Lisa!
happy thanksgiving to you (I´m too late for HAW)

soulbrush said...

he's an interesting little fellow, can't wait to see some of your animals. sorry i'm late wishing you haw.

yoon see said...

I love the abstract colour on its wings!