Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Blooming Tuesday - Lynn's Page

Here is the front of the page I did for Lynn's Book. Since Lynn is a master seamstress I got the ole sewing machine out and did a stitch or two for her. This page depicts the giving heart of all of us and each lady is holding in her hands things she loves as I see it on their blog since I haven't met any of them in person. I have a bee and smiley bead, Joss has a zebra and Snuffles in hand, Suki has a house and basket of flowers, Mim has fish in each hand, Caroline has a palm tree and the sun, Marianne has Sjimmie and ying/yang, Lolo has a raven and flower w/butterfly, Katy has a cat and flower and Lynn has a sewing machine, thread and thimble in hand. Each lady has her initial as a necklace. The beaded jet stream shows to which lady their books go to. The blue object in the middle represents the world. There is a seed packet and a dove of peace on the world.


It was so heavy I glued it to a heavy watercolor paper. The back has a Haiku I wrote along with some stamps and watercolors.   There is a California Poppy on this side hence the Blooming Tuesday connection.

If you would like to see what the Traveling book is all about you can go here.  Happy Blooming Tuesday.

13 comments:

Katiejane said...

This is SO cool!! So much thought and thoughtfulness went into this. I cannot wait to see it in person. Simply fabulous, Lisa!

Teri said...

Wow, what an awesome page! So creative and all-encompassing for everyone. A real masterpiece Lisa.

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

Yes WOW. That is some piece of work. Lots of thought and work went into this. Fantastic.

SandyCarlson said...

This is really lovely. Beautiful. You are a good friend.

Julie said...

This is just fantastic, Lisa! It is really special due to the fact that you pulled ut your sewing machine too!!! Love all the bits and peices all blended together! Gonna go check out the travelling book link you posted too!!!

marianne said...

This page is super!!!!
So perfect for Lynn!
I love to see all the carefull thought details! And the symbolism used!
Really stunning.
Wait till Lynn sees this!
I love it! Si will she

soulbrush said...

you are so masterful, and yet another skill you have hidden from us. love it, love it, the best!! Lynnie is gonna adore it, what a really personal touch. another wow from me!!

Unknown said...

that is just so so lovely and I just love your traveling journal with all your blogger freinds!

sukipoet said...

Amazing. I love the way you depicted all of us with our favorite things. I just finished my page for your bk and sent it on to KJane

Lynn Cohen said...

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!LISA, THIS IS SIMPLY AWESOME. I AM BOWLED OVER, BLOWN AWAY, OVERWHELMED, OVER THE TOP! How you came up with all these ideas and brought them into fruition is simply amazingly wonderful in every way. I LOVE the thought and energy that went into this page and that is is MINE...well WOW!!! Thank you So much. Thank you thank you thank you. Hugs and love to you dear friend. Wow.

studio lolo said...

I'm blown away!! As I said on our joint blog, these journals are transforming us all. Wow!!

Such a thoughtful effort here Lisa. Wow again!

SandyCarlson said...

It's nice to revisit this page. Gorgeous.

ArtPropelled said...

Brilliant! I love all the detail and the happy feel to it.