Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Animal Wednesday - Picasso & Lump

If you have ever had a pet and most of us that participate in AW do have pets, I think that you would enjoy this book by David Douglas Duncan, Picasso & Lump A Dachshund's Odyssey. It is a fun, mostly  pictures, story about a dog and its famous owner told by the friend, author/photographer. It shows intimate surroundings that only dogs and friends would know. Many famous paintings and sculptures as were done by Picasso. Just a real fun read. I found this copy at our library. I hope yours has it too. If not you can go here.


The forward to this book is written by Paloma PicassoThevenet. Which reminds me that I can't ever find Paloma Picasso perfume any more. I just hate that. ha... I do digress....I hope you all have a wonderful Animal Wednesday.

12 comments:

Mim said...

What a great name for a dog! Lump - I just love it. Takes a Picasso to think of that! thanks for the book lead, I love dog stories, and HAW to you

Susan said...

Hi! I just joined Animal Wednesday and am visiting around. I feel so privileged to be connected to so many wonderful artists! Thanks very much for this reccomendation, I had no idea Picasso had any pets. I will definitely check it out. But now I have that stupid song "Lump" in my head and the Weird Al parody "Gump" which is actually pretty funny! HAW, Cheers! Susan

http://susanbethstudio.blogspot.com/2010/02/animal-wednesday-cosmos-job.html

ArtPropelled said...

Such a darling little dog. Sugar Lump more like it!

studio lolo said...

I was obsessed with Picasso at one time. That's also my brother's nickname for me.
That explains why Picasso drew so many dachsunds! You'd think I would have known that.
I was disappointed to find out Picasso was such a womanizer. He just got points back for being a dog lover!

HAW!!

soulbrush said...

oh wow i must try and get this in my library. i adore everything picasso. will see if i can find her perfume here and let you know, drop me an e and tell me exactly what it is you want. xx

Quiet Paths said...

This looks good; thanks for the tip. I am always on the look out for a good read.

Teri said...

Sounds very interesting Lisa. I will look for it in the library in Wis-they have a great one.

HAW

marianne said...

So many books so little time........
Sounds delightful!
HAW!!

ArtistUnplugged said...

What a good suggestion....Lump, what a name!

Julie said...

This sounds like a good read...I will also look for it at the library tomorrow!!! Thx!

SandyCarlson said...

I would love to have a look at this book. Thanks, Lisa.

Debbie Clandening said...

I love Picasso.I'll have to look for this book. Can you please help me find out how to join animal wednesday thanks in advance

~Deb~