Sunday, October 7, 2012

One Single Impression - Scarecrow



Straight from my journal. I thought if I waited until I  painted a picture I would never get it posted. So here are  my  poems for One Single  Impression  prompt this week which is Scarecrow. 
It felt like a scarecrow type of  weather around here. The  weather is working up to a meaningful frost soon. Crows are gathering for their journey South. Most have departed. Not waiting for the frost and cold to take a hold . 


I hope everyone has a great weekend and week ahead. A special Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian  friends who are celebrating their Thanksgiving this weekend.

Scarecrow

Uniform tatty
Birds mock Silent Sentinel
Scarecrow undaunted

Over-stuffed clothes
Gardener's charade poses
Disjointed scarecrow



12 comments:

Jim said...

Hi Lisa ~~ I love it. Your drawing is nice too.

It's too bad when the birds mock the scarecrows. They are supposed to show respect. But all's well that ends well, your scarecrows are doing fine!!!
..

Gillena Cox said...

haiku and drawing, nice


much love...

Julie said...

Oh, what a neat poem, Lisa! It is surely getting fun...the beginning of a wonderful season! Hey, thanks for sending all your cool birdies down to me!!! Love your scarecrow sketch!
xoxo- Julie

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

wonderful Haiku poem and cute drawing. I wonder if our crows leave. I think most stick around. Sure 'left us yet. Black birds will be back soon. Not to thrilled about that.

Harshad Mehta said...

Poor scarecrow! Crows aren't scared!

Nice picture and Haiku.

ArtPropelled said...

I wonder how far the crows fly. They seem to have arrived here in force! Crows squawking everywhere and plenty of nest building in progress. Quirky drawing of crow and scarecrow .... which is the way it should be.

Q said...

Dear Lisa,
Love your scarecrow drawing!
We went scarecrow hunting on a road trip and we spotted 67! I have a pair of Scarecrows in the backyard, the Jays love to peck on them!
We have had our first frost...very early.
The Oaks are full of acorns...I think we could have a cold winter. It is getting an early start!
Sherry

Katiejane said...

This is cute. Yep, it's gotten cold 'round here, ain't it?
I'm seeing signs of fall everywhere. Finally the trees are starting to turn.
My friend and I are heading over to Indy this weekend for a girl's weekend away. I'm waving to ya!

soulbrush said...

Just a few lines and there it is- a perfect little scarecrow. Cute too. Hugs from a rainy London.

Geraldine said...

LOVE IT! I couldn't think of anything for this prompt but I like what you've done here. :<)

Kathie Brown said...

Cute! I love the illustration from your journal! I face the same dilemma! I always want to do a drawing or painting to go with my poem, which never happens, and so I don't post!

SandyCarlson said...

This has me smiling. I am thinking of all the birds that I have witnessed mocking a scarecrow. Many!