Friday, November 18, 2011

Home With Turret

This is a house that I see every day I go to work. I have always admired this place. It used to be derelict. The roof was tiled but the new owners obviously couldn't afford to purchase tiles to repair the roof. They had regular black shingles put on. It didn't hurt the integrity of the house much. It has so much more going  for it. I particularly like the turret section of the house. I have always wanted a turret on my house. It is so castle-like to have a turret.
I hope you all have a great weekend.

10 comments:

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

Oh I love Victorian houses. This looks like a lovely old one. So glad they are fixing it up. I have always thought it would be so romantic to have an Art Studio in a Turret of an old Victorian house. You could steal away and create with a lofty view. :) Well done.

PAK ART said...

I've always loved turrets and dormer windows! Some day..... You did great even though you ran out of paper :) - I do that too. I start where I think the middle is and pretty soon I'm in the margins.

Quiet Paths said...

Wow, that must a very cool place. Have you ever been inside it? Too bad about the tiles not being replaced.

Teri said...

You really painted this with love. These old houses have so much character.

Deb said...

I love turrets too ~ what a gorgeous home to pass on your way to work. I'm happy to hear that it is being restored. It's a shame to see these lovely old homes neglected & eventually knocked down. Have a wonderful weekend Lisa & Luna ♥

soulbrush said...

I love your 'out of scale, ran out of paper' along the top - cute. We have loadsa Victorian houses here- my son and dil live in one, which they renovated and it is still draughty and cold...give me a modern home any day!

Julie said...

This looks awesome, Lisa! Big project!

ArtPropelled said...

This house is full of character as is your painting with the notes around the edges.

Q said...

A lovely Lady...
I also love turrets....
Sherry

Katiejane said...

This is a great sketch! I can so imagine the actual house. I love these kinds of houses too. Wouldn't you love to wander the rooms and imagine the previous owners?