Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Animal Wednesday

Happy Animal Wednesday to all that participate whether by drawing, painting or just commenting. This is the last Animal Wednesday of 2008. Can you believe that 2008 is about to depart? There are still so many things I wanted to do this year. I guess I will have to scratch off the 2008 and put 2009 at the top of the list of things to do...
Below is one of the thank you cards I did for a friend that has a black cat. This isn't her cat but my Dearly Beloved took a picture of this cat sitting on one of our yard ornaments the other day and I thought it would please her to receive it. With thinking of all the little projects I wanted to do in December alone I sort of fell off the wagon so to speak on my ornament painting. I will take the advantage of being able to blame my dilatory ways on my cold. I thought these last painted ornaments sort of go along with my train of thought this time of year. I actually have time to think about what I want to do in the garden. This Lady Beetle and Garden Gnome are just the things to set me to thinking about the garden too. I have my new garden journal ready for action. I am already thinking of spring.
Alright gang, lets have some fun this new year. Happy and Healthy New Year to you all....

8 comments:

Julie said...

Happy New Year to You Lisa! Love your little Gnome and Ladybug! I seem to get lazier every day! I need to get a fire burning under me for the new year!!! :)

You did a great job keeping up with all of your ornament painting! I am so impressed!!!

Have a wonderful New Year!!!!!!

stapeliad said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Your friend will love this card. It's beautifully done...and black cats are very difficult subjects!

SandyCarlson said...

That's a lovely painting! You are so very talented. I feel the intensity of that cat's look and posture. Beautiful. Happy New Year!

Teri said...

That is a wonderful painting of the cat. Your garden holds more treasures that plants.

The gnome and ladybug are so cute.

I am so glad we 'met' this year. It has been pure pleasure!

HAW
Happy New Year!

marianne said...

Wow Lisa!
It is like a black panther! I love it!
Your friend will be thrilled!
What you you mean with fall of the wagon with your ornaments........I recall you posted each day until Xmas. I enjoyed them very much . These last ones are cute again!

Happy New Year Lisa!
It was nice meeting you this year, I enjoy your blog and friendship!

MuseSwings said...

Happy New Year to you and yours, Lisa! Gardening to look forward to is what got me through the interminable Michigan winters. I planted snow drops and crocuses for an extra boost to get me through the last month of snow.

Debra Kay said...

Love the kitty kitty! Happy New Year.

Margaret Ann said...

Nice ornament additions...I can never get enough! Great Lady bug...she really sparkles.

HAve a new Year that is delightfully art filled! :)