Friday, December 5, 2008

December Xmas Ornaments 5

Now this is just a couple of a set of purple ornaments. I just love purple and like a lot of bower birds I like shiny things, so these ornaments fit the bill. I sort of messed up the sparkles I put on these ornaments. I am not the most patient thing and they don't call me the bull in the china shop for nothing. It was fun trying to capture the color of these bulbs. Although they started out the same color they for some reason turned a different color this year. Maybe it was the heat in the attic that caused the paint to discolor. I still like them, the actual ornaments that is.

8 comments:

marianne said...

What can I say?!
Again another beautiful painting!
Oh what a treat to come her every day of December!

- A - C - said...

wow.. it took me a while to understand it is a painting..amazing!

Margaret Ann said...

A beautiful light glows from these...a wonderful capture of their sheen...Love the sparkles of course! :)

Teri said...

Another stunner!! I had to look at it three times and read it twice and then look again. I was positive you took a photo of those ornaments!! Stunning.

You are getting me in the mood to paint some ornaments now.

Julie said...

These turned out very nicely! I must get out an ornament tonight...OK RIGHT NOW! I will post an ornament tonight before I allow myself to go to sleep!!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Mim said...

I love purple also and these are great. the glitter is beautiful!

studio lolo said...

Wow, so pretty! And I love Bower birds. I did one on Illustration Friday last year. I forget what the word was.

Btw, the white raven legend on my blog is one I made up! First I think of an image and then I write a story to go with it. I usually try to make it uplifting, hopeful or magical. I didn't even know white ravens really existed until I "Googled" them :)

soulbrush said...

these are so pretty!