Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Blessings from Cathy and Pat

I have to tell you that I have been given the most wonderful gift. This picture painted by Cathy Johnson, the lady that I took some painting classes from. She isn't the Cathy Johnson of the internet. As a matter of fact I dont' think she gets on the computer to surf the net or anything like that. Anyway, it totally blew me away when I received it. She took it to the place where I work and left it for me. WOW... I couldn't believe my eyes.

I am always wearing hats. A friend of mine is a milliner and she occasionally makes a hat for me. So you see I am doubly blessed. Anyway Cathy just loved this particular hat and she said she wanted to paint it. She did a great job. Plus she was very kind to me. tee hee... I look so young. Thank you Cathy.

7 comments:

Teri said...

FANTASTIC!!!! What an awesome gift! You are indeed blessed.

ArtistUnplugged said...

That is a wonderful painting and what a generous and precious gift! I agree with Teri, you are very blessed!

marianne said...

Wow what a beautiful painting, you look so sofisticated!!!!
I love hats but when you put them off your hair always look silly (my does...)
Great gift Lisa! No wonder you are happy!!
have a nice day!
HAW!

Q said...

Wow she is wonderful...
Nice gift indeed!
Sherry

Margaret Ann said...

WOW! Now how totally cool is this! Wonderful! :)

verobirdie said...

You look so great! this is a beautiful gift.
Can I borrow you hat sometimes? I'd love to try it.

PS: I promise I'll be more careful the next time I lose weight :-)

Julie said...

What a hat!!!!! How cool is this!!! The painting is awesome!!!