Saturday, March 28, 2009

Daily drawing

I have been working on a project with a lot of the clippings I have taken from garden magazines. Over the years I have cut out so many pictures. It is great fun revisiting them and finally finding a way to use them. I had an idea after Soulbrush invited all to join her on a journey. You can read about it here. I don't know if I am exactly on line with the journey but I am enjoying what got me started. Having sticky fingers inspireda haiku. Don't ask me what the correlation is but here is the haiku...

sticky fingers
planting a garden
with scissors

I hope you are all enjoying the weekend. Basketball games are resounding through our house.

11 comments:

Teri said...

A wonderful drawing and the perfect haiku to go with it!! I love that 'planting a garden with scissors'.

ArtistUnplugged said...

Great drawing and great haiku too!

Margaret Ann said...

B-ball in full bloom here too...I'm organizing art stuff...I am tempted to join Soul also...very tempted...:)

steviewren said...

The haiku is a perfect description of your artsy endeavor! I'm waiting to see the collage.

SandyCarlson said...

The squeak of sneakers is resounding here, too.

I love your drawing and the haiku. Our lives are the collected bits and pieces of our relationships, travels, experiences. And thing grow and blossom in that rich soil.

You got me thinking. Thanks!

Julie said...

Oh, I love your haiku!!! Very cool!

Mim said...

thats a lovely haiku - so much imagery in so few words (I hope that's the right word, it's so early)

Q said...

Dear Lisa,
Fun stuff! Looking forward to seeing your paper garden.
We also are playing March Madness.
Sherry

Deepa Gopal said...

Nice to have found you...I was trying to find some artistic friends here...one of my searches ends here!
Nice haiku & like evryone else I am waiting for the artistic result too.

yoon see said...

Yeah, I agree with Teri.
I can feel your passion all over Lisa:)
Happy Cactus Monday!

studio lolo said...

The drawing and haiku are terrific!
March Madness is resounding in this house too, but he didn't make his picks this year so he's not as interested...thank goodness!